Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No news is good news

Sorry I haven't written in so long! I've been working very long days, although things have lightened up quite a bit now. I was covering for a guy in the battalion my team supports, and trying to do my job at the same time. Yeah, not so fun. I was so glad to see him come back from leave.

I have to run to a meeting, but I want to share some pics real quick. And I will try to write more later about my countdown... about 2 1/2 months left and I should be home!

This ANP was quite fancy! This was taken after a village shura. I had to get my photo with him and his bike gloves.











Me and my Team Sergeant chilling on some rubble. There used to be a village there... infested with IEDs. I guess you could say we took care of that problem.







CR dancing on the t-wall! Crazy kid. He was doing a jig on "hwy 1" before that, but I couldn't get my camera out at the time.








Typical shura ingredients.... US sodas, prayer beads, and dirty feet.








A giant sock monkey! I think he was touching my Albert inappropriately... I'm just sayin'. I promised to never talk about the sighting to anyone again though!










This is a temporary tent school in the desert. There are about 80 kids that attend school in these little tents.








These kids were in a shop where we were talking with some elders. That little one in the front was so sweet.








In case you haven't seen my pics on FB... I did get to meet a few people in all places, Afghanistan! I didn't believe my Commander when he told me Lance Armstrong was coming.... I didn't believe it until I saw him! Robin Williams and two great comedians Lewis Black and Kathleen Madigan!










This is our little friend we call Rhianna. No idea what her real name is. I think that's her little sister chewing on her leg. She is so sweet. We miss seeing her everyday now since they opened up the school outside the gate.








I have some more pictures I want to share from Christmas day, but I don't have them with me now. We had a 'craft day' with all the little girls from the school. My girls had a wonderful time... made our Christmas. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment