Friday, July 2, 2010

Looking for words

I’ve been having trouble finding things to write about. Nothing funny lately, and nothing else I can really write about. We’ll save all the stories for when I get home. I have been thinking of you all though…


I’m thankful for all of you all, my friends, who read what I write (no matter how silly) and send me emails checking on me. Thank you so much. I can’t tell you how much that means to me. Sometimes your emails almost bring a tear… a happy tear though! And oh my gosh, thanks for the packages!!! Talk about a pick-me-up. I can’t explain how some magazines and hygiene items can bring so much joy to my day, ha! I’ve read several magazines already and they’re being passed around. I think the guys enjoy Shape as much as we girls do. ; ) Ha, and my little Sumo wrestler reminds me to ‘SMILE’ everyday! (Now what does Sabrina have to look at every day?) And of course, all the girly products will be put to use as well.


I haven’t been able to give anything out to the kids yet, but there will be lots of opportunities for that. I'm going to bag up some beads & pipe cleaners today to take down to one of the villages. They will flip out for the pencils and be so interested in the beads. I won't be able to hand them out myself, but I will give them to an elder that I trust and he can distribute. Sadly, the kids are too distracting on foot patrols. Those kids are starving for some kind of interaction, whether candy, pencils, photos, or a SCHOOL. I’m still hopeful that we will be able to open the Pir Mohammed School. A lot of skepticism on that, including my own, but I have to believe that these people will eventually stand up and fight for themselves and their next generations. Otherwise there is no point in what we’re doing. This is definitely an interesting place to say the least.


Continue to pray for us please. Miss you all very much.

2 comments:

  1. Hey LT. I hope you are holding out as well as you can. I know it is tough in the middle of no where with a bunch of guys to boot. Keep you chin up as well as you can and know you have a bunch of people thinking and praying for you back home.

    My brother just rotated home for 90 days and will be back for another go around.

    Please stay safe and we will see you soon

    Rick Keyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rick! Thank you so much. I'll be thinking of your brother. He deserves more time at home!

    ReplyDelete