So the Afghan National Army (ANA) have moved into the COP we're at now. They're a mess. They do some disgusting things in the shower and porta-johns. And I'm now to the point where I'm pissed at how they look at us (me and my girl.... girl on my team who I refer to as 'my girl'.) Some of them have never seen Western women, nor have they been on missions with them. As the day goes on, my patience wears thin. They've also been late to every mission I've seen them come on. And they are unprepared. They're given water, what they do with it I don't know, but they don't bring it on missions. It's not Afghan rocket science, Soldiers. On our last patrol, we hear a cell phone ring.... one of them answers his cell while we're out on patrol!
Lord, please grant me patience.
This is my girl on our last mission. She was huffin' it on this big hill we went up and around. I've been telling them to make sure they're working out, they'll be glad they did. The other kid admitted today that he wished he'd been working out more. I just wish my legs were longer. Some of those walls are hard for me to get over! I had to get a boost over one today. =*(
Just a couple of boys hanging out watching us. The younger one looks all grumpy, but after I took his picture he grinned from ear to ear.
Our interpreter picking a little something from the local crop. He did that on his own, I had nothing to do with it! They don't have the same rules as us.

Grapes are the main crop right now. They're really good too. Little green grapes. Instead of fences, they grow them out of mud walls.

Not sure what they're growing in this crop. That's one of the ANA guys walking out front of our patrol. You can barely see the mountains in the background.
Kitty-
ReplyDeleteMy prayers and thoughts are with you all. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your willingness to charter into danger for my freedom. You and all the other soldiers there are the very foundation that we need for democracy. I am proud to know you.
Love....lots and lots of it....your way.
Kendra