Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble gobble!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I woke up this morning, reluctantly, and started thinking about a few things that I am thankful for...

I am thankful to be alive and so blessed.
I am thankful for my family and all my friends that support me. You keep my spirits up daily... thank you!
I am thankful for my wonderful boyfriend who takes care of everything at home so I don't have to worry about anything like that over here.
I am thankful for the Soldiers that we have with us here. They keep me rolling on a daily basis.
I am thankful for all the luxuries that I do selfishly miss and hope that I never take them fore-granted.

I could go on and on, but I'll spare you today while you are thinking about what you are thankful for too. I hope you are all eating too much, napping, and enjoying your family today! I am missing my Dad and missing spending Thanksgiving with Jason and his family. But not being there this year will make it that much sweeter next year. =)

We had a great Thanksgiving meal at the DFAC today! Everyone that is here on this FOB in my Company actually sat down and ate together today. They had all the traditional fixings, along with a few odd decorations... a tug-boat ice sculpture, life-size crocodile and cobra. We figured that the tie to Thanksgiving was that the tug-boat brought over the croc and cobra from India, which is close to "Indian". It was entertaining to say the least!

Here are some pics from my last mission. The kids are much more interesting than the adults around here.


























1 comment: