Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Traveling bites

Yesterday was an expectantly long day. Up at 0430! Oh and it's a beautiful place.... NOT! The barracks we're staying in are horrible. One bathroom and shower for all the females. Don't get me wrong, nothing is unexpected. I'm just saying! I didn't go to breakfast so I got to sleep in 'til 0630. I couldn't sleep all night because I could hear everything.... people talking, doors slamming, toilets flushing. Then we were in the classroom all day... I was fighting to stay awake! Could be worse, and it will be starting next week when we'll be outside all day. At least the cold will keep me awake!

We were waiting outside the chow hall and a couple of the girls couldn't resist playing in the snow. There's at least 12 inches of snow still and it's snowing again. Someone made an igloo outside our barracks, ha! There was a really cool Soldier snowman, but some idiot tackled it before I could take a picture. He got extra duty for that!

I haven't been able to get online until now, but just picked up a wireless signal in the lounge area. Also can't get cell reception except in a few spots... like outside across the street. I've only been gone 11 days now and it feels like at least a month. This may be a long year. ; ) I hope everyone is doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment