Can't remember if I mentioned this, but I'm here without my team right now. They will be here in time, but it's been frustrating trying to get transportation to different sites that I need to visit to do my job. Without my team, I don't have a vehicle here, so I am trying to maneuver rides here and there and it's not happening as quickly as I'd like! I've gotten lucky a few times and been in the right place with the right person. For the most part, the Infantry here understand how important CA is in this fight. But I have to remind them that I need to be at these sites with them in order to support them.
Here's the laundry 'deck' between two trailers with washers and dryers. You have to watch your stuff... not because it could be stolen, but the local nationals open up the dryers to see if clothes are dry and do not turn them back on. It's kinda comical, unless you've been there all night.This tent has quite a little 'porch'. Nice sight at night.

Here's shot of the main highway by Senjaray. If you take away the military equipment and evidence of war, it really is a beautiful place.

That's all I got for now. I'm about to run out of internet time.... argh!!
thats a great post. really appreciate you taking the time to keep us updated.
ReplyDeletewe're getting you some stuff together. you'll probably have enough female hygiene things to get you thru 3 deployments!
keep em coming!
james