I've been able to get out and meet some of the local people. I wasn't sure how some would react to me being a female Soldier. I have yet to see a woman out, only men and children. But it's been really good so far. The kids are so cute, of course. It's hilarious when they realize I'm a girl... they become so intrigued and giggle and say who knows what. They're probably saying awful things, but I pretend they're saying "look at her, she's a girl, we can do something like that!" Sometimes oblivion is bliss. Here's another cheesy pic of me and Albert.

Some of you have said let you know if I need anything... well, I will be 'wanting' a few things if you really are compelled to send! I hate to ask, but I'm at a new FOB now and we don't have crapola. There is a PX (in a connex box) that supposedly opens about once a week, but I haven't seen it since I've been here. And I hear it sells out as soon as it is open.
- Oil of Olay face wipes
- Magazines... used ones like Runner's World, Outside, Women's Health etc. would be great!
- Face lotion with SPF
- Dove soap!!! =)
- Floss
- Tampons, pads/pantyliners (unscented only.... and yes, I am really asking for these, sorry!)
* Colored or regular pencils... not pens. The kids go nuts over them. Maybe there are some at the dollar store, and some paper? They don't have anything like that. Right now I'm not sure what else to ask for the children. We have to be careful to not start a stinkin' riot over goodies. You have to have one for all or they will throw rocks at you!
I hear that the Chapel has shampoos/conditioners, and toothpaste. I'll go tomorrow and check it out. We're living in tents, but luckily got a good one with A/C, and sleeping on cots. It's back to porta-johns and trailer showers. Funny though, it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm already used to it.
There are a lot of rules around here, but the food is great! See below.... ;) Let me know if you can't read #2. Remember I'm in a world of Infantry men... bless them all.


Hope you're all doing well. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. Love from yonder!
you have a firepit! great way to pass some time. you need cigars to go with the firepit. :-)
ReplyDelete