Sunday, June 13, 2010

Playing with fire

I had a little bonfire with the Canadians last night. Couldn't seem to find any marshmallows around this place though. It's a nice break from the reality of why we're here. "Camping moment time-out." I continue to learn a lot from them and their time they've spent here.




Here's a view from Senjaray. It's beautiful when you look beyond the COPs (combat outposts). Last night I could here the mosques' mullahs (village religious leaders) compete with each other over the loud speakers to lead their village in prayer. It was in stereo!



Here's a Time magazine article about a school that we're working with... http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100609/wl_time/08599199538900. Try not to read too much about the Captain that they are writing about... it's a group fight out here. Anyway, this is the group that my team supports.

Have a blessed Sunday (tomorrow for you)!

2 comments: