Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy birthday to me!

I celebrated my birthday today with the opportunity to go to church service. It was great… I always feel so refreshed afterwards, and question why I don’t make more opportunities to go when I can. The Chaplain talked about how God gives us gifts and it’s our choice how we use them. Our situations or challenges aren’t about ‘us’, they’re just a piece of his grand scheme for us. So what we can do with our gifts and serve God? So I’m still trying to figure out what my ‘gift’ is, but I have faith that God is sending me on this journey with a grander mission for me. I’m already catching myself slack off… not talking to God daily and letting wordy durds slip out. Pray for me, my friends, pray that I stay focused. I want to lead by example and make a difference somehow, no matter how small. They say deployments do not build character, they reveal it. Thanks for listening on my b-day, that’s just what’s on my mind this morning. = ) Have a wonderful day!

(This picture is my bed when I got back from church. Funny thing is I had to give the sweet tarts back. Ha!!)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Kitty! We'll have to gather everyone up and celebrate when ya get back.

    ReplyDelete