Tuesday, May 18, 2010

'Bout that time....

After a spectacular long weekend in NYC, it's almost time for us to leave on our way to our final destination. I hear we'll have good internet when we get to our 'transition' country... cross your fingers!! (You'd think I would've had good internet in NJ too, but not. I'm just saying.)

There was a short, little ceremony for us today where the post hangs a little flag with our unit's name on it while we're deployed. When we return, they take it down and give to our Commander. It was pretty lame actually, but something said sticks in my head.... "Freedom isn't free." Many don't understand that, and many more don't appreciate it. So while I'm on this sappy roll, I want to share the Soldier's Creed that we recited today.

I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.

For my friends who have served, thank you so much for your understanding, advise, concern, and support. I know you understand how important the Creed is for a Soldier. For the rest of my friends, thank you too for all your concern and support. It means so much to me. I'm sorry I haven't wrote much as I'm getting ready to leave. It's just easier for me that way, easier to just move on and not talk about it. Those of you that have known me for a long time should be used to that. ; ) Continue to keep us all in your prayers. Pray for the Lord's guidance and strength when we will need it most. And please pray for my Daddy as his lil' girl goes off to war while he waits for me to come home.

I will write as soon as I can. Much love and a big hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment